miniSwap/ES - The Ultimate Trayless, Dual Bay, Hot-Swap, 2.5-Inch External 6G Serial ATA Enclosure
Instantly Mount SSD and/or 2.5" SATA Hard Disks No tray required, just insert your bare SSD or 2.5" hard drives and close the bay door!
The miniSwap is an evolutionary update to the FirmTek storage product line. This new design allows bare hard disks or SSDs to be mounted without the need for a tray. Just slide in the drive, close the bay door and your data is ready to be accessed. This simple, yet robust mounting feature allows photographers and audio-video professionals to insert drives even in low light conditions, whether in the field or in the office, without the need for tools. The miniSwap trayless bay offers support for 2.5" disk heights of 7mm, 9.5mm and even larger disks up to 14.9mm.
While the miniSwap supports many different 2.5-Inch disk capacities, with just two 1TB SATA hard disks installed, the miniSwap can hold up to 168 hours of HDV 1080i, 34 hours of DVCPRO HD 1080/60i or 20 hours of ProRes 422 HQ. Huge storage capacity plus an ultra small footprint makes the miniSwap a great travel companion for video professionals. The miniSwap looks good with the Apple MacBook Pro, mounted inside the handle of the Mac Pro or in front of the computer monitor.
Low Noise, Energy Efficient Design
The air-cooled miniSwap design is able to protect disks using a built-in enhanced airflow system. Heat generated around the bottom and sides of the drives dissipates through the well-vented aluminum enclosure. This process offers the ultimate in quiet operation and reduced enclosure size.
Digital Power Modes
Another innovative feature found only on the miniSwap is user selectable digital power modes. The default setting turns the enclosure off should a power interruption occur. This feature avoids power fluctuations once power is restored. However, if the miniSwap will be used with a server, the setting can be altered to automatically power the miniSwap after any power interruption. With the auto-power mode selected, the user can access the data in the enclosure remotely from home or the office once power is restored.
FirmTek is known for innovative backplane designs with no internal SATA cabling. The miniSwap is no exception. This feature maximizes signal strength and enhances EMI protection, which increases reliability. The miniSwap product line is built from the ground up, using only our very best storage ideas.
Amazing Performance and Virtually Unlimited Capacity
The new SATA 6G circuitry built into every miniSwap/ES supports ultra high bandwidth applications. Each disk mounted inside the miniSwap/ES is supplied with its own dedicated host connection for optimal performance. Customers have reported performance results as high as 1000MB/s read and 850MB/s write with a dual disk 6G SSD equipped striped (RAID 0) set. The ability to effortlessly insert and eject hard disks mounted in the miniSwap enclosure makes it a favorite among photographers and video professionals who use different drives for different customer projects. This feature provides virtually unlimited storage capacity.
The miniSwap/ES Changes Everything!
The miniSwap/ES is compatible with virtually every external SATA host adapter and built-in motherboard SATA ports. In addition, the SATA 6G miniSwap/ES enclosure can support bandwidth of up to 600MBytes/sec or 6.0Gbits/sec per drive.
The Trayless, Direct Connect miniSwap/ES enclosure is designed to excel with audio/video editing, computer animation, digital photography, portable computing, storage expansion, backup and any application where external, trayless, hot swap, high performance, data storage is desirable.
FirmTek customers who appreciate the power of SSD and the portability and quiet operation of 2.5" storage devices will love the miniSwap/ES.
- Attractive, durable, portable Trayless enclosure supports dual 2.5-inch SATA SSD or HDD
- Easy to set up: No screws, no drive tray required, simply swap drives in seconds
- Easy to operate: Simply open the door to insert or remove storage devices for virtually unlimited storage
- Supports 7mm, 9.5mm, 12.5mm and 14.9mm drive heights
- Smart Power Management: User selectable power settings for Auto-on or Manual-turn-on
- High performance design - Integrated Direct Connect eSATA backplane; no internal cabling
- High bandwidth design - SATA 6.0Gbps up to 600MB/sec per drive
- Supports SATA 1.5G, 3G or 6G HDD or SSD 2.5-inch form factor with any capacity
- Fully RAID capable: Compatible with Operating System and host adapter based RAID solutions
- Can be configured as JBOD or RAID and used with multiple miniSwap/ES enclosures
- Power and Activity LEDs for each hard drive
- Aluminum case for maximum durability and heat dissipation
- Ultra quiet, fan free, aluminum heat dissipation cooling system
- High performance can handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Perfect for both storage-hungry and speed-sensitive applications
- Cross-platform, PC and Macintosh compatible, operating system independent
- Expand storage without overloading the computer's power supply or increasing heat within its chassis
- Works with Macintosh or PC with shielded Serial ATA ports running Mac OS X, Windows or Linux
- Kensington Security Slot
- Platform independent: Macintosh, Windows or Linux computers with a compatible SATA port
- Works with most SATA controllers. Compatible with all FirmTek PCI, PCI-X, PCIe controllers and ExpressCard/34 adapters for MacBook Pro and PC Notebook Computers.
- One miniSwap/ES enclosure
- Two external shielded eSATA data cables with "I-shape" connectors, 1-meter
- External Power Adapter
- One power cord
- Four rubber feet
- One CD-ROM containing the miniSwap/ES User Manual
- Part# MS-ES-6G: Includes one SeriTek/6G 2-port SATA ExpressCard/34 for Mac or PC Notebooks
- Part# MS-ES-e6G: Includes one SeriTek/e6G, 2-port PCI-Express SATA controller
- Part# MS-ES-2ME4E: Includes one SeriTek/2ME4-E, 4-port PCI-Express SATA controller
500GB/750GB/1TB SATA hard drives along with Solid State Drives (SSD) are available with the miniSwap/ES enclosure.