Visit FirmTek at MacWorld SF 2006 booth 2050
FirmTek Announces Their Serial ATA Adapter for Macintosh and Windows Notebook Computers
New SeriTek/1SM2 PC Card Enables Native Serial ATA 1.5Gbps Performance Option over Slower Firewire and USB Interfaces
San Francisco, California (January 10, 2006) -- FirmTek, LLC, a leading developer of Serial ATA storage solutions, announced today at Macworld Expo the latest addition to their line of Serial ATA adapters for Macintosh and Windows computers. The SeriTek/1SM2 PC Card is a Type II 32-bit CardBus host adapter which brings superior Serial ATA 1.5Gbps storage transfer performance to notebook computers. The SeriTek/1SM2 shares many advanced features with FirmTek's popular line of SeriTek host adapters such as best-in-class performance, the ability to hot-swap hard drives without having to power down the notebook (even drives which are configured as part of a RAID array), ease-of-use comparable to USB and FireWire, and the incorporation of FirmTek's expertise in providing quality products with extreme compatibility and reliability.
"Users who take their work on the road need an option to quickly and reliably swap and share high-performance Serial ATA hard drives among desktop and notebook computers," said Chi Kim Stanford, VP of Business Development. "Now they have that option with our new SeriTek/1SM2 notebook PC Card adapter, enabling desktop-style storage performance and capacity on laptop computers."
- Supports two 3.5" SATA hard disk drives
- Enables effortless transport of high-capacity and high-performance Serial ATA hard drives
- Supports Macintosh RAID configurations or any operating system with JBOD
- Disk activity LEDs for each hard drive
- Hot-swappable flexibility in switching drives
- Compatible with FirmTek's full line of hard drive enclosures
- Allows exchanging of Serial ATA hard drives between multiple desktop and notebook computers
- Designed as a native Serial ATA solution; no Parallel ATA/USB/Firewire to Serial ATA bridge chips that might impact performance and reliability
- Features new eSATA external connectors which offer maximum insertion/removal dependability
- Platform independent; compatible with G4+ Macintosh and PC notebooks with PC Card 32-bit CardBus Type II slots
- Supports Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux
- Works with original style shielded SATA-I or the latest eSATA enclosure ports (original style shielded SATA-I to eSATA data cables available separately)
Pricing and Availability
FirmTek's SeriTek/1SM2 PC Card Notebook adapter will be available during the first quarter of this year for the estimated retail price of USD$89.95 (P/N SATA-1SM2 - http://www.firmtek.com/seritek/seritek-1sm2). Specially priced bundles with enclosures will also be available. For more information or to purchase FirmTek products, please email email@example.com or visit FirmTek's website at www.firmtek.com.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and founded in 1998 by former Apple engineers, FirmTek is the leading hardware and firmware research and development company focusing on Serial ATA storage technologies. A member of the Serial ATA International Organization (SATA-IO), the company takes pride in developing the most reliable and compatible high performance enhancement solutions offered through FirmTek's OEM partners and worldwide distribution channels. For information FirmTek's products and operations, visit FirmTek's website at www.firmtek.com.
FirmTek: Store and Share your Digital Creations
FirmTek, UltraTek, AV- Tek, SeriTek names and logotypes are trademarks of FirmTek, LLC. Apple, Macintosh, Power Macintosh, Mac OS 8.X, OS 9.X, OS X, and the Mac logo are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Incorporated. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.