FirmTek Announces and Ships Their New SeriTek/2eEN4 Four-Bay Hot-Swap External eSATA Enclosure
New Serial ATA Enclosure Incorporates Latest Storage Technologies and Delivers Unprecedented Performance of up to 3.0Gbps with Cross-Platform Macintosh and PC Support
UNION CITY, California (October 5, 2005) -- FirmTek, LLC, the world’s leading developer of Serial ATA solutions for Apple Macintosh and PC computers, is again pushing the price/performance envelope with the introduction of their new external SeriTek/2eEN4 Serial ATA 4-bay enclosure. The SeriTek/2eEn4 features the latest eSATA technology and delivers four state-of-the-art hot swappable hard drive bays to support today's demanding media-rich applications.
"We are raising the bar again with this storage solution by coupling the latest advances in Serial ATA technology with best-in-class features, including new eSATA connectors, a whisper-quiet design, 3.0Gbps transfer rate, exclusive Heat Management System, a true hot swappable backplane design with no internal cabling, and the smallest footprint," said Chi Kim Stanford, Vice President of Business Development. "We are following through on our continuing commitment of offering the best values and most solid products in the industry by providing the SeriTek/2eEN4 at an affordable price."
The SeriTek/2eEN4’s exclusive Heat Management System ensures hard drives are kept cool and reliable while keeping noise to a minimum. This is accomplished by utilizing whisper quiet fans and special warning indicators. In the unlikely event a fan fails or temperatures become too extreme, fan or temperature LEDs will light and a "mute-able" audible alert warns the user. The SeriTek/2eEN4’s sturdy anodized aluminum case gives it a look that’s as professional as its advanced features. It is compatible with virtually every external Serial ATA host adapter on the market and supports data transfer rates of up to 300MBytes/sec or 3.0Gbits/sec per drive. It easily supports the most demanding applications like uncompressed high-definition digital video creation & editing, computer animation, and digital photography.
- Attractive, durable design with a professional appearance
- Brushed anodized extruded aluminum case for maximum rigidity and heat dissipation
- Supports up to four 3.5" hard disk drives; legacy style Serial ATA drives plus the latest 3Gbps Serial ATA drives
- Includes lockable drive bays for maximum physical security
- Built-in server-class power supply for maximum reliability
- Supports host adapter, operating system, and software-based RAID or JBOD configurations
- Heat Management System: Two quiet fans combined with fan/temperature status, fault LEDs and mute-able alarm
- Enclosure Power Status LED; power and activity LEDs for each hard drive
- Easy to set up: Only 3 steps to integrate each hard drive
- Easy to operate: Simply unlock the latch, & use the handle to add or remove drives
- Easy to transport: Compact and portable
- Features Kensington Security Slot
- Hot-swappable, plug-and-play flexibility in switching drives
- Hot-swap drive trays are interchangeable with FirmTek’s two-bay SeriTek/1EN2 enclosure
- Designed as a native Serial ATA solution; no Parallel ATA/USB/Firewire to Serial ATA bridge chips that might impact performance and reliability
- Features the newly defined eSATA external connectors and 300Mbytes/sec or 3.0Gbits/sec data transfer rate per drive
- Enclosure’s hot-swap backplane design, connectors, and external shielded cables are designed to minimize electrostatic discharge and electromagnetic emissions, providing the most secure environment for your data
- Includes four fully shielded external eSATA cables
- Operating system independent; compatible with all Macintosh and PC computers equipped with original style shielded SATA-I or the latest eSATA connectors (original style shielded SATA-I to eSATA data cables available separately)
- Ideal for multimedia-intensive applications: high-definition audio/video capture and editing, graphics manipulation and high-end digital publishing
Pricing and Availability
FirmTek's SeriTek/2eEN4 Serial ATA enclosure is available now for the estimated retail price of USD$499.95 (P/N SATA-2eEN4 - https://www.firmtek.com/seritek/seritek-2eEN4). Specially priced bundles with host adapters are also available. For more information or to purchase FirmTek products, please email email@example.com or visit FirmTek's website at www.firmtek.com.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and founded in 1998 by former Apple engineers, FirmTek is the leading hardware and firmware research and development company focusing on Macintosh ATA storage technologies. The company takes pride in developing the most reliable and compatible high performance enhancement solutions, offered through FirmTek's OEM partners and worldwide distribution channels. For information FirmTek’s products and operations, visit FirmTek's website at www.firmtek.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FirmTek, UltraTek, AV- Tek, SeriTek names and logotypes are trademarks of FirmTek, LLC. Apple, Macintosh, Power Macintosh, Mac OS 8.X, OS 9.X, OS X, and the Mac logo are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Incorporated. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.