New! FirmTek Ships PCIe Expansion Chassis Designed for Using PCIe 2.0 Cards with Thunderbolt
PCIe 2.0 Cards and Thunderbolt™
FirmTek LLC, announces the ThunderTek/PX PCIe Expansion Chassis. This new product is designed for connecting a PCIe 2.0 card to 2011 or later MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, 2013 Mac Pro or other Thunderbolt equipped computers. Thunderbolt technology provides ultra fast 10Gbs bi-directional, dual channel bandwidth with the use of a single, compact port. This new high performance standard brings the power of PCIe expansion to notebooks as well as desktop computers. In the past, high performance PCIe slots were usually only found on bulky desktop computers. With the ThunderTek/PX in hand, customers can now connect a professional PCIe expansion card to any computer with a Thunderbolt port.
ThunderTek/PX PCIe Expansion Chassis
The small, lightweight ThunderTek/PX, is perfect for supporting a single half-length PCIe card. Its silver brushed aluminum body provides durability and active heat dissipation, along with a whisper quiet fan. Installing a compatible PCIe card is simple. Just remove the screws on each side, take the top off and install your PCIe card inside the ThunderTek/PX chassis. Attach the Thunderbolt cable and your expansion card is ready to go.
Optional eSATA Bundle
While the ThunderTek/PX supports any half-length Thunderbolt compatible PCIe card, FirmTek offers a special eSATA bundle that turns the chassis into a powerful Thunderbolt to eSATA adapter. Known as the ThunderTek/PX-Q6G, this bundle includes a high performance 4-port, eSATA 6G SeriTek/Q6G card and the ThunderTek/PX expansion chassis. It supports direct connect and port multiplier enclosures over Thunderbolt. High performance, durability, style and low cost make the ThunderTek/PX an excellent PCIe expansion chassis choice.
- Adds PCIe 2.0 Expansion slot to Mac OS Computer with a Thunderbolt Port
- Supports one half-length Thunderbolt enabled PCIe 2.0 card
- Easy to set up: Simply Plug and Play
- High-performance 10 Gb/s, dual channel, Thunderbolt technology
- Energy Efficient: Powers on/off automatically with the computer
- Attractive, light-weight, portable ThunderTek/PX PCIe expansion chassis
- Silver aluminum chassis for maximum durability and heat dissipation
- ThunderTek/PX is Mac OS certified for Thunderbolt
- ThunderTek/PX-Q6G is Mac OS and Windows 7/8 certified for Thunderbolt
- Works with Thunderbolt compatible half-length PCIe 2.0 cards
- Optimized for use with FirmTek PCIe 2.0 cards
- Not compatible with PCIe video cards
- One ThunderTek/PX Adapter
- External Power Adapter
- One power cord
- One CD-ROM containing the ThunderTek/PX User Manual
- Thunderbolt cable not included
- Part# TT-PX: Includes one ThunderTek/PX without PCIe card
- Part# TT-PW-Q6G: Includes one ThunderTek/PX and one SeriTek/Q6G
- Part# TT-PW-2+2: Includes one ThunderTek/PX and one SeriTek/6G2+2
"Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries."